Monday, November 21, 2011

I Need An Adventurer...

Okay this is kind of awkward to admit, but I don't know Wyoming at all. My mother birthed me here, my parents raised me in two houses (we upgraded when the third and final sibling came along) both built here, and I've learned most everything I know from this place. Still I've never explored it. For example, ahem... I have never been to Yellowstone National Park.


Please, please, silence your gasps.

I suppose I fell into an all to familiar rut that many people find. I lived in Casper, Wyoming my whole life, but secretly wished to be anywhere else. As a kid, I saw myself raising baby lions tucked away at a wildlife sanctuary in Africa or acting a part in play at a New York City Broadway house. Don't get me wrong, I have every intention of fufulling my childhood dreams (well the ones that are still important to me). But recently I've come to terms with something.

I've been neglecting a place vital to my very being for far to long. I've brushed away any thought of adventure here with the go-to "it's so windy and cold!" or "ugh, it's Wyoming, there's nothing to do here," instead always opting to get out of town whenever the opportunity presented itself (or I created one).

But it's time for a change. This change prompted by an impending full-time move to Los Angeles, California (I'm a snow-bird there now =). My shifting of addresses rapidly approaches, but I can't help but feel empty hearted if I leave without taking any memories of adventures from the place that made me.

So this is my appeal to you, who's with me? Give me suggestions of things to do, discover, and see in the Equality State. Maybe participate in a protest, photograph wildlife, volunteer at a museum, visit outlaw hideouts, climb Devil's Tower... this could go on for a while. If you have any ideas/opportunities for me, please don't hesitate to share. Is there a Wyoming excursion you've always wanted to accomplish? Let me know, I'm always looking for a good partner in adventure.

Remember time is short, so do as my jr. high Latin club buddies would say and Carpe Diem! (Seize the Day!)



No comments:

Post a Comment